10 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT THE HISTORY OF GRAPHIC DESIGNS
The world of graphic design is like a vast ocean that’s replete with numerous secrets! During past many decades, graphic design has evolved with a dramatic pace! It seems as if there has been a spate amongst graphic designers to find new and innovative ideas in order to make it easy for businesses to stand out in the market and make a deep impact on their consumers, prospects, affiliates and the entire market.
Graphic designs such as professional logo designs, creative web designs, social media page designs and a host of other such designs are essential for effective branding of businesses. In fact, experts and industry insiders believe that a business goes nowhere without great graphic designs.
For graphic designers, it’s important to get acquainted with the history of graphic designs to understand how it has evolved over the years and how its past has helped shape the present and future of the designing arena worldwide.
So if you are curious to explore the history of graphic designs and see how it has evolved over the years, here’s a little smattering on 10 cool facts that is sure to blow your mind away.
- Logo designs are believed to have started in the 13th century when ancient Egyptians branded domestic animals with hieroglyphs to mark their ownership.
- Graphic design began with the Sumerian pictographs and Egyptian Hieroglyphics during 2500 BC to 1400 BC.
- Typography emerged in the mid-1400s using re-usable Meta. Johann Gutenberg was the one who developed the first ever movable type. Claude Garamond opens first type foundry, developing and selling fonts to printers in 1530.
- n the 18th century, letters were designed basis the mathematical drafting principles. Ornamental typography also started in the 1800s. First sans-serif font was introduced as one line of a book.
- In the late 1800s, Art Nouveau emerged as an international art style and soon took the world of graphic design by storm.
- Helvetica font was introduced to the world in the 20th century and soon it became one of the most used fonts.
- Pop Art and Psychadelia became popular graphic design styles between 1960s and 1970s.
- In the mid-1970s, designers paid more attention to word spacing, distorting type, typewriter type and collage.
- From the 1990s forward, street style design became popular. Typefaces were mass produced and marketed for computers.
- The world’s first ever website was launched in the year 1992.